PRINCIPAL’s REPORT – 2018
ADWITIYA-2K18, the passion for Excellence is the name for Our 78 th Annual day celebrations, it reflects the mindset of students and staff and their exquisite commitment to the suffering humanity. Dr BRKR Govt Ayurvedic Medical college, is established in 1935 is named after the first Chief Minister of AP Dr Burugula Ramakrishna Rao. It is the only model college in both the Telugu states T.S. & A.P and achieved many things. It is my privilege to present the Principals report with contents of brief history of its origin and evolution, progress and requirements of this college before esteemed Guests gathering on this day 12th February 2018.
Evolution of the college: PRINCE OF BERAR inaugurated the college in the year 1935 in Sultan Bazar and his Excellency and Highness Nizam of Hyderabad issued “FIRMAN” making it Government Ayurvedic College In the year 1941.
Pandit Radhakrishnaji was appointed as the first Principal of this college.
Initially (4) year’s course was offered in Hindi Medium. In the year 1951 few modern Medicine Subjects were introduced .In 1970 this institution was affiliated with Osmania University,Hyderabad. In 1973 this college adopted CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine) New Delhi syllabus and imparting (3) semesters of One and Halfyears each with one year House Surgency as per the stipulations of CCIM .The intake of College is (50) UG students and (38) PG students per year .The admission is through EAMCET for UG and by common entrance test for PG. There are full-fledged (14) departments in the college.
The Post-Graduation was commenced in the year 1973 with Kayachikitsa speciality with a strength of (10) scholars.
In the year 1981 Shalya, Shalakya & Prasuti Tantra were introduced with 10 scholars.
In the year 1992-93 Dravyaguna PG Course was started with 6 Scholars,and in the year 2008-09 two PG Specialities i.e.,Panchakarma and Ayurveda Samhitha were introduced with 6 scholars in each department under the Central Sponsored Scheme.
In the year 1984 this college has been shifted to its own building at Erragadda, Opposite to E.S.I Hospital Lane,Hyderabad constructed in an extent of 4.6 acres including Girls & Boys Hostels and Hospital Buildings. In the year 1994 the Govt. of A.P allotted 57.98 acres.of land at Himayathsagar, Rajendernagar Mandal, RangaReddy Dist for the purpose of growing Medicinal plants required for Govt.Pharmacy of the Dept. As part of Golden Jubilee celebrations Auditorium was constructed and inaugurated in November-2000 and is used for Seminars and Other college functions.
Achievements of the college:
- This year we got 100% results in UG & PG announced by KNR & NTR UHS.
- We have treated around 1.10 lakh (1,10,000) patients in our OPD and our hospital bed occupancy is 48.53% in 2017. (CCIM s requirement is only 40%).
- Our college students and staff published 35 Research papers in National and International journals this year.
- This college is recognized research center by Dr.NTRUHS, and there are Ph.D guides available in the center.
- We have organized (4) Kayachikitsa seminars in our college and our PG Scholars conducted more than (75) Kayachikitsa seminars and conducted (2) Guest lectures in our college. Further, the Dept of Kayachikitsa is conducting Free Diabetic Camp at Borabonda on 9th of every month through NCD Clinics.
- We have created our own Website for the college.
- We have intercom facility to each Department of this college for the administrative convenience and our college also owns Internet connection.
- We have 19000 books in our library and we have 10 Research Journals for the use of students and staff.
- This year with the efforts and support of our Director, we got admissions for UG (50) seats and (7) PG Specialities (38) seats. From (2) years the Dr.KNR UHS conducted counseling for filling up the seats for UG and PG.
- Our staff is good enough in writing and publishing text books not only for undergraduate courses but also to PG Diplomas course materials for universities.
- We have formed a College Development society.
- In the last financial year, The Govt have sanctioned 140 lacs for construction of the 1st floor at Erragadda Hospital and Rs.9 lacs for drainage work and Rs.19 lacs for Repairs of Girls Hostel Compound Wall, Drainage works and water sump and the work is under process.
- The Dravyaguna Dept has conducted R.O.T.P for Teachers all over India in September-2017. Our PG Scholars presented papers in National Conference on the occasion of Osmania University centenary celebrations. We have distributed nearly 30,000 medicinal plants from nursery maintained by DG Dept. we are also dispensing kashayas for OP & IP patients with the collaboration of R.T. & B.K Dept.
- Our college staff and students have participated in 3rd International Yoga Day Celebrations at GMC Balayogi Stadium, Gachibowli.
- Our college Staff and students have conducted Telanganaku Haritha Haaram Programme and had plantation in our college.
- Our College NSS unit is conducting the Medical camp at Begumpet village and several Medical camps, Swatch Bharat (Clean & Green) program, Road Traffic Awareness Program, Plantation program and Blood Donation program etc throughout the year.
- We conducted Professor Jaya Shankar Birthday Celebrations in our college premises.
- On October 14th 2017 our college has conducted Ayurveda walk and the Hon’ble Health Minister Dr.C.Laxma Reddy Garu and the T.V.Artist Raccha Ravi attended the walk. On occasion of Dhanvantari Jayanthi on October 17th 2017 we have celebrated 2nd National Ayurveda Day and our Hon’ble Health Minister Dr.C.Laxma Reddy Garu, TGO’s President Sri.Srinivas Goud Garu, our Hon’ble MP Sri.Bandaru Dattatreya Garu, MLC Sri.Ramachandra Rao Garu, and MLA Sri.Maganti Gopinath Garu and Principle Secretary Sri.Rajesh Tiwari Deputy Mayor, Corporator are participated in this programme.
- Our college faculty and PG Scholars participated and paper presented in the 2nd AYUSH Medical Officers conference, TS (SEER-2017) organized by the AYUSH Dept.
- We have conducted Free Mega Ayurvedic Medical Camp at GAH, Toopran since 27th September – 2016 and last Tuesday of every month our faculty and PG Scholars are conducting the medical camps and treating the patients at GAH, Toopran.
- Since last several years many Professor Posts are vacant due to retirement of faculty, by the initiation of our dynamic Director, DPC was conducted and the posts of Professors and Associate Professors were filled up. Simultaneously on getting the promotions of Associate and Assistant Professors, the lower posts i.e Asst Professor/Lecturers fell vacant. In this connection, I request the Director to take recruitment process to fill the vacancy posts of Assistant Professor/Lecturers which is essential for the granting the permissions by the Govt of India.
Herbal Garden : Rs. 2.5 lacs sanctioned by the National Medicinal Plant Board for development of Small Nursery in our college premises.
Development of Mini Pharmacy – Last Year Rs.50,000 was sanctioned for the preparation of Medicines in the mini pharmacy. Nearly we prepared 36 medicines and supplied to the patients at GAH, Erragadda Hospital.
Requirements of the college
- Few SCS posts were sanctioned in 1935, because of the expansion college we require more number of staff to maintain its cleanliness and hygiene .we have only 3 sweepers and 1 scavenger and I request permission for recruitment of further staff.
- This college needs construction of Examination Hall, repairs of Auditorium with infrastructure, Coloring of the entire college building, overhead water tank, new electricity wiring in the building and construction of the rooms in the Girls and Boys Hostel. In this regard, we requested TSMSIDC to submit the detailed estimation for repairs. As on when the estimation receives, the same may be submitted to the Commissioner, DOA for sanction of budget.
- We submitted a proposal for enhancement of UG seats from 50 to 100. We request the Commissioner to look in to the matter.
- As per MSR-2016 certain instruments and equipments are compulsory for getting the permission for admissions. The college is having certain shortage of instruments and equipments for this required quotations submitted to the Commissioner for sanction of additional budget.
- I request the Director, Dept of AYUSH, T.S., Hyd to look into the matter to constitute the Board of studies for UG and PG studies for better academic developments in Ayurvedic system.